Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I took some family portraits of Chandrah, Praveen and Chandrah's husband ( I don't remember her husband's name because I rarely ever see him and she doesn't ever mention him by name, just "husband"). Chandrah helps us out around the house and we pay her to cook because that is definitly one of her many talents. She and her husband are both tailors, and they are adding a small store front on to the side of their house today, along with a new roof.







I took this pic from the street corner. The woven coconut leaf panels on the ground are the new roof. They will keep the house nice and dry when the monsoon season arrives in October. These panels cost about 300 rupees each which is about $7.50 cents. Praveen and Chandrah have been living with us for a while because their roof has deteriorated completely. We walked down this morning to the house about 7:00 a.m. to meet the installers, but I left at 8:00 and they still had not arrived. Where I am from, time seems to run a little behind schedule and in South India I think it's about the same way.

No comments: